- A student can get Library Lending Card and Library Reading Card by producing a copy of admission money receipt and 2 colour passport size photographs from the Circulation Counter of the Central Library.
- Every students entering into the library for whatever purpose, have to sign in the attendance register properly.
- A student can borrow books only from the Circulation Section for lending by depositing his Lending Card and for reading purpose within the Reading Room (for that day only) by depositing his/her Reading Card along with specific Requisition Slip.(White for Lending and Pink for Reading).
- Every student must put their signature and other information on the Attendance Register at the time of entering into the library premises.
- Each bonafide Honours/General students is issued on Lending Card and One Reading Card. For Lending Card one has to deposit Rs. 100 as Library Caution Money for a single time and the amount will be refunded after completing the Under Graduate course or leaving the college.
- Student can get their membership by showing their Admission Money Receipt along with two copies colour photo.
- An Honours student may get 3 books and a General students may get 2 books at a time respectively. And issued book may be kept for 15 days and a fine of Rs. 1/- per day is charged for any delay.
- Rare and costly reference books are not to be issued.
- Talking, sleeping, smoking and loitering are strictly prohibited within the library and in and around the Teachers and Students Reading Rooms.
- Loss or, theft of library card(s) must be immediately reported to the Librarian or any staff associated with the library. The students concerned, however, shall remain responsible for any misuse of the stole or missing card(s) and for any book(s) taken in his/her name against the said card. In case of lose/damage of the library card student has to take a duplicate card on payment of Rs. 20/-.
- Before borrowing, each and every student should check whether pages of library books are torn or not-failing which they shall remain responsible for the damaged condition of books.
- Members of the library have to take library clearance certificate if studies are discontinued in the college or are declared qualified for submission of fees for University Examination.
- Journals and periodicals are not to be issued to students for lending purpose.
- No tracing and /or mechanical/ electronic reproduction of library material is allowed without the permission of the Librarian or any staff associated with the library.
- At the end of each year, students can renew their membership after showing the Cash Receipt as valid proof of their having taken admission to the next year.
- The Librarian or any staff associated with the library is empowered to recall any book issued without assigning reason and to frame such rules, as he/she deems necessary for proper administration of the library.
- Students can get Career and Job related information free of cost. They should follow the Notice Board regarding the Career Guidance.
- User may get Internet Facilities free of cost with proper documentation.
- Users will have to obtain Library Clearance Certificate from the Central Library at the time of filling up University Examination Form.
- Users may drop his/her suggestions in the suggestion box, installed at the entrance of the Central Library.
Rules for Departmental Library :
Departmental Libraries have started functioning from the academic session 2010-11.The Head of each department is in charge of their respective departmental Library.
- Students are allowed to take one book at a time from the Head of the Department for 7days. In case the day of return is a holiday, the day of return will be the next day, failing which the students will have to pay a fine of Rs.2/-for each added day;
- In case of any damage of books, students will have to pay the cost of the book; and
- Students will have to obtain Library Clearance Certificate from the Head of the Departments he/she attached to at the time of filling up University Examination Form.